So what’s the ESC Blog all about, and why should you care? I’ll let the ESC Blog speak for itself:
Our goal with the ESC Blog is to provide a platform for Canadian entomologists and enthusiasts to share and discuss their work, stories and favourite insects with the rest of the world.
What might you expect to find here at the ESC Blog? Here are a few of the things we’ve got lined up so far:
- articles and updates from the Entomological Society of Canada Board of Directors, as well as from each of Canada’s provincial/regional insect societies
- previews of upcoming issues of the Canadian Entomologist and the Canadian Journal of Arthropod Identification
- information about annual societal meetings and other entomological events around Canada
- stories from the field or lab, profiles of Canadian entomologists/labs and other personal interest articles
- science blogging, highlighting some of the exciting entomological research being done in Canada
- photos and profiles of Canadian insects
- much, much more!
Of course, this blog depends on you, the reader/contributor. Feel free to chime in with your ideas and opinions in the comment sections, or better yet, submit posts of your own. We want to encourage entomophiles from across the country, professional or amateur, seasoned veteran or newbie student, to submit stories, articles and photos that they’d like to show off to the world.
This is an exciting development! That last paragraph (which I have ‘bold-erized’) is key: the new ESC Blog will be the way for all Canadian amateur and professional entomologists to find common ground and to see what is going on the in the world of Canadian entomology. This has so much potential to expand all our buggy horizons, and perhaps the best way for any large scientific society to do public outreach. I am looking forward to see how this develops over time, and I am expecting a steady stream of fascinating posts and pictures.
Go subscribe now! And after that, think about how you can contribute!