Do you love nature and are you looking to enter the fascinating world of close-up and macro photography? I can arrange one-on-one sessions to introduce you to DSLR equipment, macro techniques, and field practice. Individual lessons are a stress-free way of learning photography where you will get personal and focused attention.
All instruction can be adapted to suit your skill level. For instance:
◊ A half-day session (4 hrs.) could include training to familiarize yourself with your new DSLR and essential photographic practices, based at my home and garden.
◊ A full day session (7 hrs.) could include a morning spent in a garden to get a hands-on introduction to the equipment and essential macro techniques, followed by an afternoon field trip to a natural area to practice what you have learned.
Sessions can be customized as to time and location, and can include any of the following subjects according to your skill level:
- Introduction to the Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera (DSLR).
- Macro equipment choices, including purchasing advice.
- Macro lens choices
- Introduction to specialized macro equipment from Nikon and Canon.
- Gadgets and accessories
- Techniques for shooting in natural light.
- Flash photography: using and adapting flash for off-camera use.
- Tips and techniques to help you get the most out of your equipment.
- Adobe Lightroom (RAW) photo organization, processing and exporting.
- Image critiques.
Field trip(s) to an area of your choice can be arranged, where we will work together photographing the subjects that interest you, such as:
- Insects, spiders, and other bugs
- Flower photography (including garden flowers)
- Mushrooms and other fungi
- and any other details in nature.
◊ 4-hour session – $250.00
◊ Full day session – $450.00
Please note that for instruction outside of Edmonton City Limits – travel, accommodation, and meal costs may apply. Please contact me for details.
Individualized lessons are a stress-free way of learning photography and you can be sure you will get personal and undivided attention. If you are interested, please fill out the contact form below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org